how PERS works.
VRI Medical Alert Program provides 24/7 assistance so that our clients can be safe and independent in their own home. Knowledgeable, caring staff will offer help at the touch of a button. That’s peace of mind for us and our client.
Press your button whenever you require assistance
A representative from the VRI Care Center will speak to you over the unit to confirm if you need help.
The representative will dispatch appropriate assistance based on your preference, from a friend or family member to emergency responders.
why is medical alert monitoring important?
One out of three seniors fall each year.
When a fall occurs, response time is crucial.
88.5% chance of returning home when the response time is less than 3 hours.
2.7% chance of returning home when the response time is longer than 12 hours.
people who would benefit from PERS.
- Do you or a loved one spend time alone during the day or night?
- Do you or a loved one take more than four medications daily?
- Are you or a loved one concerned about the possibility of falling?
- Have you or a loved one been hospitalized or been to the ER in the past 12 months?
- Are you or a loved one presently using a cane, walker or aid to assist with mobility?
- Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with having heart disease, pulmonary disorders, osteoporosis, diabetes, or arthritis?
- Are you or a loved one receiving help with meal preparation, bathing, dressing, or toileting?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, a PERS device could give you the help and peace of mind you need.
To see the benefits and details of fall detection, click here to view or download our fall detection overview flyer: Fall Detection Overview
It is important to note that fall detection is not perfect. For best results, pendants should be worn around the neck and outside of clothing. Always press your button for help if you are able to do so.