- Health Information
- The Types of Information We Collect
- How We Collect Information
- How We Use Information
- When and Why We Disclose Your Information
- Security of Your Information
- Links to Other Sites
- Your Choices
- How to Contact Us
- Additional Information for California Consumers
1. Health Information
Our general website does not collect health information and we request that you do not provide us with any health information via our general website or the email addresses provided on the general website. We may collect health information directly from you, your representatives, your health plan, and/or electronically to provide the services to which you are subscribed, such as our med-connect service and any health information you provide during enrollment and subsequent service calls and communication. It is important to keep your health care information AND CURRENT ADDRESS updated so that VRI can provide accurate information to responders, HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS and emergency personnel.
2. The Types of Information We Collect
Our Site may collect the following categories of information from and about you:
- Identifiers: such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications;
- Demographic information: such as your age, race, marital status, income and occupation;
- Location information: such as information related to your geolocation to provide emergency services as well as your state/province, city, or neighborhood;
- Internet activity information using our Sites and services: such as information about your browsing behavior and interactions with our site including data from cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons;
- Application information collection: you may integrate our application with health applications on your smart phone (to provide us, or exchange with your selected applications relevant data such as fitness and activity information, weight, heart rates/sinus rhythm, health risks, vitals and health records); you may also develop a general heath profile on our application providing similar data without any application integrations;
- Data from health devices: you may purchase (or have provided by one of our partners) a device that collects information for us to provide services such as vitals statistics (i.e., blood pressure, heart rates/ sinus rhythm, pulse oximetry, glucose readings); the medications you take; fall detection/accelerometer data and emergency call information;
- Inferences regarding preferences and other characteristics: such as our assessment of the types of products or services you may have an interest in; and
- Professional information, employment history, and related information: such as information you include when applying for a job posted to our Site.
3. How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including:
From you. We collect information that you submit to us. For example, when you contact us or fill out a form on our Site, you may provide us with you name, contact information, and products or services that you are interested in. You may also choose to apply for one of our job openings posted on our Site. We will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of our Site. If you send an e-mail to us at any of the addresses provided on our Site, we will collect your e-mail address, name, and the full content of your e-mail, including attached files and other information you choose to provide to us. If you speak with us on the telephone, we may record the conversation for quality and training purposes or to share with medical responders as needed. We may leave automated voicemails from time to time to send important service reminders to you or let you know products that are provided by your insurers as a part of your existing healthcare coverage. To render services, including emergency services, it may be necessary for us to confirm your contact information and telephone numbers in identity check databases to maintain contact with you.
From our devices (or partner devices). When you use our devices (or our partner devices) we may collect information, such as, call data, health vitals statistics, medications, fall information and emergency calls to render our services.
Location information. We may collect different types of information about your location, including your exact geolocation to render services, general location information, such as the city, state, and/or zip code associated with your IP Address. You may be able to disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings.
4. How We Use Information
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Site, services, devices and other programs, features, and functionalities related to the Site, services and devices;
- Provide you with information and medical devices available to you through your health plan or services from us;
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers, products, or services that may be of interest to you;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Protect you against care abuse and mistreatment (it may be necessary to disclose health care information under State legal regulations, such as Adult Protective Services. VRI will comply with the laws of the State and the member will be notified of said disclosure);
- For more information about the types communication that may occur if you purchase a device or services from us, please see the section titled “Authorized Communications” in our Terms and Conditions, referenced above;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, insurer messages/services, and requested information, including on behalf of our business partners;
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as administration of the Site, fulfillment, analytics, quality assurances, operational improvements and efficiencies, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, or to comply with the law;
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you; and,
- Allow you to apply for a job with us.
5. When and Why We Disclose Your Information
We may share your information as follows:
- as needed to comply with the law or legal obligations, such as to comply with legal orders and government requests, insurer requirements or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States;
- with your health plan or other payor of your services;
- with your Responders as set for in the Terms and Conditions;
- with emergency personnel, police or other first responders;
- as required for us to provide you with any services provided to you by us (such as our 24/7 medical alert monitoring services);
- if we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, bankruptcy, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- if the information has been aggregated, or otherwise does not identify you personally in compliance with applicable law; and
- otherwise with your consent.
6. Security of Your Information
Our Site and all information that you provide to us is collected, stored, and processed in the United States and if you travel with one of our devices (or partner devices) to Canada. GIVEN DIFFERENT CELL TECHNOLOGIES AND FREQUENCIES USED BY MOBILE CARRIERS INTERNATIONALLY, OUR DEVICES DO NOT WORK OUTSIDE OF THE US AND CANADA. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized or inappropriate access. However, regardless of the effectiveness of our security measures, no security system is impenetrable and many of our services operate in emergency situations. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We ask that you do your part by, at a minimum, keeping any computer passwords you use to access the Internet or our Site strictly confidential.
The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Remember, though, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our Site’s features.
8. Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These sites operate independently from our Site and are not under our control. These sites may have their own privacy notices in place, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of these sites, any products or services that may be offered through these sites, or any other use of these sites.
9. Your Choices
If you would like to update your contact information or prefer not to receive certain communications from us (such as e-mail), please call us or write us using one of the options provided below.
10. How to Contact Us
Attn: Privacy Officer
1400 Commerce Center Drive
Franklin, OH 45005
California Do-Not-Track Disclosure
At this time, our Site is not set up to honor web browser do-not-track settings. Do-not-track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user activates the do-not-track settings in browsers that offer this setting, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. However, we do not track users for advertising purposes. For more information about do-not-track matters, please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
Date of Last Update: 4.25.2021